Sunday, November 10, 2019 — Mike Teel
BE DILIGENT: FAITHFUL MESSENGERS
FOCAL PASSAGE: Mark 6:7-13 … 7 Calling the Twelve to him, he began to send them out two by two and gave them authority over impure spirits. 8 These were his instructions: “Take nothing for the journey except a staff—no bread, no bag, no money in your belts. 9 Wear sandals but not an extra shirt. 10 Whenever you enter a house, stay there until you leave that town. 11 And if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, leave that place and shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them.” 12 They went out and preached that people should repent. 13 They drove out many demons and anointed many sick people with oil and healed them.
Marks of Faithful Messengers:
FAITHFUL MESSENGERS PROCLAIM SALVATION
· One of the things we must be careful of is leading people into what we call “Easy Believism.”
· Jesus specifically said we are to REPENT, to turn away from the things we are doing that are wrong.
FAITHFUL MESSENGERS DEMONSTRATE COMPASSION
· Matthew 10:8 and Matthew 23:4
FAITHFUL MESSENGERS LIVE DEPENDENTLY
· One of the things I believe Jesus was saying to the 12 was not to get caught up with a bunch of stuff in this world that is not necessary!
· Matthew 6:31-33 and Luke 22:35
FAITHFUL MESSENGERS DEMONSTRATE CONTENTMENT
· I Timothy 6:6-10
· Our contentment comes when we realize we have been faithful to go and share.
FAITHFUL MESSENGERS EXERCISE DISCERNMENT
· Discernment and sharing go hand in hand.
· Matthew 10:11-15 and II Thessalonians 1:6-9
· There comes a time in the life of a person when God will say, “I will not trouble you anymore about a relationship with my son.” Genesis 6:3
FAITHFUL MESSENGERS RESPOND IN OBEDIENCE
· Obedient responses lend itself to greater opportunities.
· Luke 12:48b
· Obedience brings sense of satisfaction unlike anything else.
· Isaiah 53:10-11 (KJV)
LIVE IT OUT
> Why are you not a faithful messenger?
> What can you do to become a faithful messenger?