Sunday, February 19, 2017
BOLD FAITH -NOT ASHAMED: I WILL Not Compromise
Mike Teel, Pastor
Focal Passage: Romans 1:16-17 and Daniel 3:8-25
1. UNFRUITFUL COMPROMISE
2. FRUITFUL COMPROMISE
AREAS WE COMPROMISE MOST
1. MORALITY – We know what is right, but we ignore the truth for fear of not having our needs met.
2. PRINCIPLES – Often when people are on the verge of compromise they will ease up on devotion to God.
Hebrews 10:25 (KJV)
3. DOCTRINAL BELIEFS – Remember a young college student that recounted a lecture given by a professor who regarded the Red Sea as being no more than the “Sea of Reed” a shallow crossing that had become dry and passable by the Israelites.
II Timothy 4:3
4. PARENTING – When we compromise what we know is right, we lose your ability to act wisely.
· Ephesians 6:1-4
5. A FEW MORE: dress, music, conversation, marriage, money/finances
THE CONSEQUENCES OF COMPROMISE
1. YOUR CHARACTER IS WEAKENED —Exodus 7:13-14
2. YOUR PERSONAL TESTIMONY IS DILUTED AND SUFFERS
Testimony of Lot —Genesis 19:12-14
3. GOD'S TRUTH BECOME IRRELEVANT
4. PEOPLE ABANDON GOD'S WORD
YOU CAN AVOID SORROW
1. Make a commitment to spend time with the Lord in prayer. Put on your armor. —Ephesians 6:10-15
2. Read and study God’s Word on a regular basis.
3. Ask God to make His will clear to you.
4. Keep your focus on the Lord.
5. Expect God to work on your behalf.
LIVE IT OUT
> What area of your life are you, or have you allowed to be compromised?
> What steps today will you take to express faith and overcome your compromise?
> How is God directing you to respond today?