Sunday, April 10, 2016
FAITH IS THE VICTORY
Pastor of Religious Education
I John 5:4-5
4For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world-our faith. 5Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
In our text, John suggests another name for Christians: OVERCOMERS.
A CHRISTIAN is one who OVERCOMES.
We are to experience VICTORY in our Christian lives.
I. An overcomer is one who ACKNOWLEDGES the PROBLEM.
Whether or not we are overcomers has NOTHING to do with the CIRCUMSTANCES around us.
It has EVERYTHING to do with the COMMITMENT inside us.
The key is what HAPPENS to what HAPPENS to us.
II. An overcomer also ACCEPTS the PROMISE.
· The Christian can OVERCOME the WORLD.
· Throughout the ages, GOD has DELIVERED.
· Through God’s power, WE can OVERCOME.
III. This promise of victory belongs to those who APPLY the PRINCIPLE.
· We overcome by applying the PRINCIPLE of FAITH.
· Faith makes available to us the PRESENCE of GOD.
· Faith makes available to us the POWER of GOD.
Are you OVERCOMING or are you being OVERCOME?