Sunday, October 7, 2018—Mike Teel, Pastor
FAMILY MATTERS: Communication Matters! Minister
FOCAL PASSAGE: Galatians 5:13-14
13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.
14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command:
“Love your neighbor as yourself.
WE ARE CALLED TO SERVE EACH OTHER
We are saved to serve each other.
1. THE BASIS FOR SERVING OTHERS IS SALVATION
2. BARRIER TO SERVIING OTHERS IS SELFISHNESS
3. THE MOTIVE FOR SERVING IS LOVE
HOW DO WE COMMUNICATE THIS SERVICE?
1. METHODS OF MINISTRY TOUCHES
Phone Call (Voice Mail)
Facebook, Snap Chat, etc.
Personal Note or Card
Attempts to Enroll
Inviting people to come to church or SSLG
2. EFFECTIVENESS OF MINISTRY TOUCHES
LOVE IN ACTION
· It is extremely easy to say that we love, that we are a loving church, that we love people.
· Words must be supported by actions to have any validation.
· I John 4:8b “...God is love.” and John 3:16
LIVE IT OUT
> Who was missing from your SSLG this morning?
> What will you do to demonstrate you love that individual in a tangible way?
> What has God done to demonstrate His love for you today in a tangible way and how will you respond to His love?