Sunday, September 16, 2018—Mike Teel, Pastor
FAMILY MATTERS: Mission For The Master
FOCAL PASSAGE: Genesis 24:1-9… 1 Abraham was now old and well advanced in years, and the LORD had blessed him in every way. 2 He said to the chief servant in his household, the one in charge of all that he had, "Put your hand under my thigh. 3 I want you to swear by the LORD, the God of heaven and the God of earth, that you will not get a wife for my son from the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I am living, 4 but will go to my country and my own relatives and get a wife for my son Isaac." 5 The servant asked him, "What if the woman is unwilling to come back with me to this land? Shall I then take your son back to the country you came from?" 6 "Make sure that you do not take my son back there," Abraham said. 7 "The LORD, the God of heaven, who brought me out of my father's household and my native land and who spoke to me and promised me on oath, saying, 'To your offspring I will give this land'-he will send his angel before you so that you can get a wife for my son from there. 8 If the woman is unwilling to come back with you, then you will be released from this oath of mine. Only do not take my son back there." 9 So the servant put his hand under the thigh of his master Abraham and swore an oath to him concerning this matter.
THE MESSAGE OF THE MISSION
1. GOT RIGHT TO THE POINT – seeking a decision.
2. THE GREATNESS OF HIS MASTER!
He talked about the greatness of his Master.
We must speak to others about the GREATNESS of our GOD.
3. TALKED ABOUT THE MASTER’S SON
THE METHOD OF THE MASTER’S MISSION
1. Positive method.
2. We are to expect that a positive response will come.
3. Brings satisfaction to the servant.
4. Brings satisfactions to the Son (Savior).
5. Brings satisfaction to the bride.
THE MANDATE OF THE MISSION
1. Either be in it or out of it. Either say yes or no!
2. Friend, which way will it be? Will you be in it or out of it?
3. No decision is a nil decision!
LIVE IT OUT
> Do you belong to God’s family?
> Who will you invite to become part of God’s family?