Sunday, September 23, 2018—Mike Teel, Pastor
FAMILY MATTERS: Salvation Symbolized
FOCAL PASSAGE: Acts 8:34-39
1. ADMIT that God has not been first place in your life and ask Him to forgive your sins.
Romans 3:23 (NKJV)
2. BELIEVE that Jesus died to pay for your sins and that He rose again three days later and is alive today.
Romans 10:9 (NKJV)
3. ACCEPT God’s free gift of salvation. Don’t try to earn it!
Romans 6:23 (NKJV)
4. Our relationship to God is not restored by anything we do, but on the basis of what Jesus already did for us!
Romans 10:13 (NKJV)... For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
WHY SHOULD I BE BAPTIZED?
1. To follow the example of Christ.
Mark 1:9 (NKJV)
2. Because Christ commands it.
Matthew 28:19-20 (NKJV)
3. Because it demonstrates tangibly what cannot be seen… that I am a believer.
SALVATION SYMBOLIZED—THE MEANING OF BAPTISM
1. The wedding ring is an illustration of baptism.
2. Illustrates: Death, Burial, Resurrection
· Romans 6:1-7 (NKJV)
3. Symbolizes Submission To The Authority Of A Local New Testament Church
· Matthew 28:18-20 (NKJV)
LIVE IT OUT
> What has the Holy Spirit spoken to you about this morning? What decision does God desire for you to make?
> You prayed to receive Christ... What do you need to do?
> You have never been scripturally baptized in a New Testament church... What do you need to do?