Sunday, November 19, 2017 —Mike Teel, Pastor
GOD IS ABLE… Taking The Stew Out Of Stewardship
Stewardship Is Management
KEY PASSAGES: I Corinthians 4:2, Matthew 21:33-46
WRONG VIEWS OF STEWARDSHIP
1. STEWARDSHIP IS NOT FUNDRAISING
We often think that a stewardship program or campaign in a local church is raising money much as the community agencies raise money (United Way, YMCA, Country Club, Booster clubs etc.)
I Corinthians 6:19-20
2. MANY MISUNDERSTAND THE TERM STEWARDSHIP
3. MANY OF US THINK POSSESSIONS ARE PERMANENT
MANAGING YOUR TREASURES
1. WE ARE BLESSED WITH MANY BENEFITS…
The Psalmist recognized the source of all his benefits and responded, “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” Psalm 139:14
2. OUT OF SIGHT, OUT OF MIND… Matthew 21:33b
3. HARVEST REVEALS THE HEART… Matthew 21:34-35
4. GOD EXPECTS A RETURN… Matthew 21:34
5. GOD’S BELIEF IN US HAS NO LIMIT… Matthew 21:33-37
This is the contrast between what MAN would do and what our GOD has done.
John 1:11, Romans 5:8
6. OUR ACCOUNTABILITY IS INEVITABLE… Matthew 21:40-41
7. OWNERSHIP IS ALWAYS THE ISSUE… Matthew 21:38
8. JUDGMENT IS BASED ON STEWARDSHIP… Matthew 21:41
Jim Elliot, a missionary martyred in South America by a primitive tribe once observed, “He is no fool who give what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose.”
9. THE CLOSER WE ARE TO GOD, THE MORE GIVING WE ARE
LIVE IT OUT
> What kind of steward are you?
> What steps do you need to take to affirm that God is the owner of everything in your life?
> How will you demonstrate your commitment this week?