Sunday, September 22, 2019 — Mike Teel
NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH: Neighborhood Watchman
FOCAL PASSAGE: Ezekiel 33:1-11
NOTICE THE WORK OF THE WATCHMAN
1. Explain how the watchman worked in Biblical times.
2. Notice the watchman was selected from among His own.
3. Observations about the watchman.
· MANDATED – Required for survival of the community.
· ISOLATED – Often alone, separated from others.
· VIGILANT – Tirelessly, day/night, in/out of war. Always watching.
· FOCUSED – Totally committed. Responsibility could not be shared with other activities.
4. The expected result. – Warn of impending danger!
THE WARNINGS OF THE WATCHMAN
1. Judgment to come!
· The Great White Throne
· Hebrews 9:27
· Revelations 20:11-15
2. The rapture of the church and the second coming of Christ.
· II Peter 3:3-10
· I Thessalonians 4:16-18
3. Hardening our hearts against the Gospel.
· Genesis 6:3
4. The awfulness of hell.
· Luke 16:19-31
THE WALK OF THE WATCHMAN
1. To challenge others, we must live a cleansed life.
2. We must also be concerned about others.
3. The penalty is too great.
LIVE IT OUT
> Have you heeded the warning about eternal life?
>Who is God placing on your heart to minister to during our “Neighborhood Watch Emphasis?