Sunday, October 11 2015
Mike Teel, Pastor
II Corinthians 5: 16b-17 (NLT) “ . . . At one time we thought of Christ merely from a human point of view. How differently we know him now! 17This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!”
I John 1:5-10 5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. 8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.
TESTIMONIES of A New Beginning
The JOURNEY To A New Beginning
-I John 1:5-10
1. Come Out Of The DARKNESS (vv 5-7)
2. Face Ourselves HONESTLY (vv 8-9a)
The word confess means to “agree with God or to say the same thing”
3. The RESULTS of Agreement (v 9b)
Faith and Just—
-I Thessalonians 5:23-24
Forgiveness and Cleansing—
-Romans 5:1, 9
LIVE IT OUT
1. Do you know for certain that if you died today you would go to heaven?
2. Why would you want to live life carrying around this burden of sin, guilt and shame, when you can have forgiveness and cleansing?