Sunday, October 18, 2015
Mike Teel, Pastor
Focal Passage: II Corinthians 5:16b-17 (NLT)
“ . . . At one time we thought of Christ merely from a human point of view. How differently we know him now! 17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!”
RECOGNIZE the Lies Our Enemy Uses
Why Don’t We Feel New?
Three areas Satan desires to attack us to defeat our New Lives:
Not changed by our feelings about ourselves – but by our faith in God.
COUNTERING the Lies Our Enemy Uses
We need to understand . . .
1. We are FORGIVEN From Our PAST.
2. We are HEALED From Our HURTS.
—II Corinthians 1:3-5
3. We Are FREED From Our HABITS.
—Ephesians 4:21-24 (NLT)
LIVE IT OUT
· Which lies are you embracing today?
· How will you apply God’s word to your situation?
· What steps are God asking you to take today?