Sunday, March 12, 2017 —Mike Teel, Pastor
NOT ASHAMED of Salvation
FOCAL PASSAGE: John 3:16-17 (KJV)
HEAVEN IS A FREE GIFT AND IT CANNOT BE EARNED OR DESERVED
1. IT'S A FREE GIFT.
Romans 6:23 (KJV)
2. HEAVEN CANNOT BE EARNED OR DESERVED.
Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV)
This can be seen more clearly when we understand what the Bible says about man.
MAN IS A SINNER AND CANNOT SAVE HIMSELF
1. MAN IS A SINNER.
Romans 3:23 (KJV)
2. MAN CANNOT SAVE HIMSELFFROM HIS SINS.
Matthew 5:48 (KJV)
This comes into sharper focus when we look at what the Bible says about God.
GOD IS MERCIFUL BUT ALSO JUST
1. HE IS MERCIFUL AND DOES NOT WANT TO PUNISH US.
I John 4:8b (KJV)
2. BECAUSE GOD IS JUST, HE MUST THEREFORE PUNISH SIN.
Exodus 34:7 (KJV)
God solved this problem in the person of Jesus Christ.
CHRIST, WHO HE IS AND WHAT HE DID
1. JESUS IS THE INFINITE-GOD MAN.
John 1:1, 14 (KJV)
II Corinthians 5:19 (KJV)
2. MORE IMPORTANTLY TO WHO HE IS, WAS WHAT HE DID.
Isaiah 53:6 (KJV)
This gift is received by faith.
SAVING FAITH: WHAT IT IS NOT AND WHAT IT IS
Saving faith is the key to heaven.
1. SAVING FAITH IS NOT MERE HEAD KNOWLEDGE.
James 2:19 (KJV)
2. SAVING FAITH IS NOT MERE TEMPORAL (temporary) FAITH.
3. WHAT SAVING FAITH IS. . . TRUSTING IN JESUS CHRIST ALONE FOR SALVATION.
Acts 16:31 (KJV)
LIVE IT OUT
> Does this make sense to you?
> Would you like to receive the gift of eternal life?