VBS – Journey Off The Map
“Getting Ready for the Journey”
Isaiah 30:21 Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”
Psalm 48:14 For this God is our God for ever and ever; He will be our guide even to the end.
This morning let’s look at four important elements of a trip:
· Know where you want to go
· What Is God’s destination for us?
1. Maturing – He wants those of us who have a relationship with Christ to Grow. Ephesians 4:12-13
2. Heaven – John 14:2
· Know the direction that will get us there.
1. God’s Word – Psalm 119:105
2. Holy Spirit – John 16:13
3. God’s Will – James 4:13-15
· Think about it God has a plan (will) for your life. You are not just aimlessly floating through life unless you do not understand and follow God’s plan for your life.
· The path may not always be easy
· Psalm 16:11
· James 1:2-5
· Experience is a premium
· John 14:2-3
· Psalms 23:1-4 (KJV)
· John 14:4-6
LIVE IT OUT
· Where is this journey of life taking you?
· How can you begin to make plans for your Life’s Journey?