Sunday, September 20, 2015
“REVIVAL PREPARATION: Evidence We Have Left Our First Love"
Focal Passage: Revelation 2:1-5 (NKJV)
“To the angel of the church of Ephesus write, ‘These things says He who holds the seven stars in His right hand, who walks in the midst of the seven golden lampstands: 2 “I know your works, your labor, your patience, and that you cannot bear those who are evil. And you have tested those who say they are apostles and are not, and have found them liars; 3 and you have persevered and have patience, and have labored for My name’s sake and have not become weary. 4 Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love. 5 Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place—unless you repent.
Evidence We have left our first love . . .
When My Soul Does Not Long For Times Of Rich Fellowship in GOD'S WORD or PRAYER . . .
· Mark 12:30
· Psalms 42:1
· Psalms 119:11 (KJV)
· Jeremiah 33:3 (KJV)
· Will you renew your fellowship in God’s Word and prayer?
When I Become “COMPLACENT” To Sinful Conditions Around Me . . .
· Hebrews 12:1-2 (KJV)
· II Corinthians 10:3-5
· I John 4:4
· James 4:7 (KJV)
· Will you dedicate yourself to once again take up the battle and not become complacent in your life?
When I Am Unable To FORGIVE Another For Offending Me . . .
· Un-forgiveness leads to a root of bitterness. Hebrews 12:14-15
· Matthew 18:21-35
· Will you release those who are holding you in bondage?
When I Fail To Make Christ Or His Words Known Because I FEAR REJECTION . . .
· John 15:19-21
· Matthew 5:13-15
LIVING IT OUT
· What steps do you need to take this morning to return to your FIRST LOVE?
· Have you ever had a spiritual First Love encounter?