LORD’S SUPPER OBSERVANCE: Free Indeed
FREE FROM THE CONSEQUENCES OF SIN
• Romans 6:23 … 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
• Sin has a price and because Jesus was willing to go to the cross of Calvary, we have been set free of the consequences of sin.
• God declares because of Jesus’ redemptive work on the cross and His resurrection the following: Romans 8:1-4 …
1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
• We should have been condemned to hell and the lake of fire. But again because of God’s love and Jesus’ willingness to go to the Cross, to die and resurrect from the dead, we have been set free from the consequences of sin.
• Paul reminds us again in Galatians 5:1 … 1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.