OUR MISSION: Doctrine of Eternal Security
FOCAL PASSAGE: John 10:27-30… 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”
ETERNAL SECURITY IS BASED UPON AN UNALTERABLE PROMISE
• John 10:28 … 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.
1. NOTICE WHAT JESUS SAYS . . .
• He gives us Eternal Life.
• II Thessalonians 1:9 …“9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might”
• There is no condemnation. John 10:28b … “and they shall never perish;”
• John 5:24 … “24 Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.”
• Romans 8:1 … “1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,”
2. GOD CANNOT LIE: PROMISE CANNOT BE CHANGED
• Titus 1:2 … “2 in the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time,”
• Hebrews 6:17-18 … “17 Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath. 18 God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope set before us may be greatly encouraged.”
3. OTHER VERSES SUPPORTING THE PROMISE OF ETERNAL LIFE
• I John 2:25 … “25 And this is what He promised us—eternal life.”
• John 1:12 … “12 Yet to all who received Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God—”
• John 3:36 … “36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on them.”
• John 6:37 … “37 All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.”
• I John 5:11-13 … “11 And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.”
LIVE IT OUT
Your salvation is as secure as God!
Have you trusted Christ as you Lord and Savior?
Do you need to recommit your life today?