Sunday, June 17, 2018—Mike Teel, Pastor
STRENGTHENING OUR FAMILIES: A Magnificent Marriage
FOCAL PASSAGE: Ephesians 5:18-31 (NKJV)
SATAN’S PLAN TO DESTROY FAMILIES
Here is his plan of destruction:
> The Devil wants to DETHRONE GOD to a mere superstition in the mind of man.
> The Devil wants to DEBASE MAN to nothing more than an animal.
> The Devil wants to DENY CHRISTIAN MORALS so that man will live like a higher form of animals.
> The Devil wants to DESTROY THE HOME. If there is no basic morality, then there is no nucleus to hold the home together.
> The Devil wants to DOMINATE THE WORLD. If the home is destroyed, society is destroyed.
It all starts with trying to remove our belief in God.
GOD’S BEGINNING PLACE… Ephesians 5:18-21
1. SPIRIT FILLED MARRIAGE
2. THE LANGUAGE OF MARRIAGE
3. THE ATTITUDE OF THE MARRIAGE
a. Giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
b. Submitting to one another in the fear of the Lord.
GOD’S PATTERN FOR THE WIFE… Ephesians 5:22-24
1. GOD ORGANIZED… Genesis 3: 16, Genesis 4:6-7
2. GOD’S PROTECTION
GOD’S PATTERN FOR THE HUSBAND… Ephesians 5:23-31
1. THE POSITION OF THE HUSBAND... Ephesians 5:23
2. THE PRACTICE OF THE HUSBAND... Ephesians 5:25
3. FIVE WAYS YOU SHOULD LOVE & RESPECT YOUR WIFE:
1. SELFLESSLY (v 25)... you are no longer two but one
2. SACRIFICIALLY (v 25)… Christ died for the church
3. SANCTIFYINGLY (v 26-27)... Christ died to forgive our sins
4. SATISFYINGLY (v 28-29)… meeting needs in order to satisfy
5. SUPREMELY (v 30-31)... love your wife above everything and everyone else
The practice of these things will put you in a position to have a Magnificent Marriage.
LIVE IT OUT
The ability to love first begins with knowing Jesus as Lord and Savior. Have you accepted Him as your Lord and Savior?
Is your marriage and your family Spirit filled? If not what can you do to allow the Spirit to begin to control you and your family?
Husbands are you loving your wife the way Scripture indicates we should? Wives are you fulfilling your God given responsibility as a good wife?