Sunday, July 10th, 2016
—Mike Teel, Pastor
Philippians 4:12-13 12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
Five Week Series on Struggles:
CONTENTMENT... INTIMACY (i.e. RELATIONSHIPS)... AUTHENTICITY... COMPASSION... REST...
The PROBLEM with Contentment
· Media allows us to look at other people’s filtered lives.
· They look perfect and we know we are not perfect.
1. Material and Financial Discontentment
2. Relational Discontentment
3. Circumstantial Discontentment
The secret of CONTENTMENT is not found in what I have or do not have. The secret of CONTENTMENT is found in Christ and Christ alone.
Contentment Through Christ’s STRENGTH
1. We will Kill COMPARISONS
II Corinthians 10:12
2. We Will Cultivate GRATITUDE
Proverbs 15:15 (NLT)
Ecclesiastes 6:9 (NLT)
LIVE IT OUT
What areas of discontentment is God helping you to see in your life this morning?
How will you kill comparisons and cultivate gratitude?
Do you have the contentment of Christ’s strength in your life?