Sunday, September 13, 2015
“The Art Of Being A Hero”
Focal Passage: Luke 9:22-26
22 And he said, “The Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.” 23 Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. 24 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it. 25 What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit their very self? 26 Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.
According to Webster’s New World Dictionary, a HERO is a person of great strength and courage who is regarded by others as an ideal or model.
Ground Zero – A Job We Are All CALLED To Do!
· Matthew 28:19-20
A LESSON We Need To Learn
· Luke 9:23-24
· What a Day Might Bring . . .
· Sometimes the cost of being a Hero is our very lives.
· What We Often Forfeit . . .
· Luke 9:25
· Luke 9:26
Ready to RESPOND
PEACE in the Midst of the Storm
LIVE IT OUT
What about you this morning?
1. Are you living the life of a true HERO? Are you denying self and following after Christ?
2. Consider Perhaps the most important question you will ever answer. Do you know for certain if you were to die today, you would go to heaven?
Be a hero for Christ today.