Sunday, December 31, 2017 —Mike Teel, Pastor
THE LORD’S SUPPER: The Spirit of Lukewarm-ness
KEY PASSAGE: Revelation 3:14-22
CHRIST’S CONDEMNAION OF THE CHURCH AT LAODICEA
1. A SOBERING DISCUSSION (Revelation 3:15)
a. Know your works.
b. You are neither cold nor hot!
2. A SELFISH DECEPTION (Revelation 3:17)
· rich; profitable; independent
3. A SINCERE DISCERNMENT (Revelation 3:17)
· wretched; miserable; poor; blind; naked
SPIRIT OF LUKEWARM-NESS DESCRIBED
II Timothy 3:1-5
Basically 3 categories of Spiritual Lukewarm-ness:
1. SELFISHNESS (II Timothy 3:2)
lovers of themselves; lovers of money; boastful; proud; abusive
2. REBELLION (II Timothy 3:2-3)
disobedience to parents; ungrateful; unholy; without love; unforgiving; slanderous
3. SENSUAL (II Timothy 3:3-5)
without self-control; brutal; not lovers of the good; treacherous; rash; conceited; lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God; having the form of godliness, but denying the power of it
CHRIST’S COUNSEL (Revelation 3:18)
GOLD TRIED BY FIRE
LIVE IT OUT
1. What signs of lukewarm-ness is evident in your life today? What step do you need to take to correct this wrong spirit in your life?
Be zealous and repent – turn back to your Lord and Savior.
2. Is God knocking at your door desiring a personal relationship with you?
Answer God’s knock at the door.