Sunday, JULY 5, 2015
“I Quit: I Quit Making Excuses”
Focal Passage: Luke 14:16-20
16 Jesus replied: “A certain man was preparing a great banquet and invited many guests. 17 At the time of the banquet he sent his servant to tell those who had been invited, ‘Come, for everything is now ready.’ 18 “But they all alike began to make excuses. The first said, ‘I have just bought a field, and I must go and see it. Please excuse me.’ 19 “Another said, ‘I have just bought five yoke of oxen, and I’m on my way to try them out. Please excuse me.’ 20 “Still another said, ‘I just got married, so I can’t come.’
Difficulty of DECISIONS
· As soon as I decide to be different, Satan Gives me EXCUSES to stay the same.
· Luke 14:16-18
· Most people have good intentions instead of God intentions.
· Good intentions are Me Centered / God intentions are God Centered.
1.What Does God Want To Be Different About Your Life? ________________
2.Why Does God Want This Part of Your Life To Be Different? ____________
· Power of connecting the WHY to the WHAT!
Making Excuses HISTORY
· Exodus 4:10-12 (NKJV)
· We need to remember what God said to Jeremiah, “Is there anything too hard for me?” Jeremiah 32:26
1. Do What You CAN Do... Now Go
2. Trust God To Do What You CANNOT Do... “I will help you speak and teach you what to say . . .”
II Corinthians 12:9a, 10b But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” . . . 9A For when I am weak, then I am strong.
LIVE IT OUT
· What excuses have been allowing to keep you from doing what God wants you to do?
· What do you need to do to make those excuses powerless in your life today?