Sunday, July 12, 2015
“I Quit: I Quit Complaining”
Focal Passage: Philippians 2:14-15, 17-18
Do everything without complaining or arguing, 15 so that you may become blameless and pure children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation . . . But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you. 18 So you too should be glad and rejoice with me.
Old Testament Complainers:
· Adam complained about Eve
· Job complained about his life: Job 10:1
· Children of Israel complained about God: Exodus 16:2-4
The Cost Of Complaining
1. Complaining Offends the Heart of God.
2. Complaining Carries Significant Consequences.
Numbers 14:27-28, 30
Restraining Our Complaining
1. WHAT? Do Not Complain.
Philippians 2:14 Do everything without complaining and arguing . . .
2. WHY? So You Can Become More Like Christ.
Luke 6:45 (NKJV) . . . for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.
3. HOW? Choose to Rejoice No Matter What.
Live It Out
Why do you complain?
· Is it possible you do not have a new heart?
· Is it possible you are still the Center of the Universe?
What will you do today to stop Complaining?
· Will you put feet to your decision today?