Sunday, August 23, 2015
“Vital Signs: Reaching/Ministering Vitals”
Focal Passage: Luke 14:16-23 (NIV)
16 Jesus replied: “A certain man was preparing a great banquet and invited many guests. 17 At the time of the banquet he sent his servant to tell those who had been invited, ‘Come, for everything is now ready.’ 18 “But they all alike began to make excuses. The first said, ‘I have just bought a field, and I must go and see it. Please excuse me.’ 19 “Another said, ‘I have just bought five yoke of oxen, and I’m on my way to try them out. Please excuse me.’ 20 “Still another said, ‘I just got married, so I can’t come.’ 21 “The servant came back and reported this to his master. Then the owner of the house became angry and ordered his servant, ‘Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind and the lame.’ 22 “‘Sir,’ the servant said, ‘what you ordered has been done, but there is still room.’ 23 “Then the master told his servant, ‘Go out to the roads and country lanes and compel them to come in, so that my house will be full.
1. Church Growth Is The Will Of God
2. Church Growth Processes Apply In All Places, At All Times, And To All Churches
3. Hindrances To Church Growth Can Be Identified, Isolated And Overcome
4. Planning Is Essential To Church Growth
5. Leadership Is The Key To Church Growth
6. The Holy Spirit Is The Dynamic Of Church Growth
7. Growth Is The Sign Of A Healthy Church
Vital Signs of a REACHING/MINISTERING Church
1. POTENTIAL - Enrollment In Life Groups (vv 16-17)
2. POSSIBILITIES - Those Who Have Not Yet Been Enrolled In A Life-Group “Prospects” (vv 21-23)
3. PRACTICE - We Express Ministry In A Number Of Ways (v 21b)
4. PROCESS - At Some Point The Process Must Become Personal (v 23)
LIVE IT OUT
1. Do you have a personal relationship with Christ today?
2. How well is our church doing in the area of Reaching / Ministering?
3. How well are you dong in the area of Reaching / Ministering?