Sunday, JULY 26, 2015
“I Quit: I Quit Comparing”
Focal Passage: II Corinthians 10:12
12 We do not dare to classify or compare ourselves with some who commend themselves. When they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are not wise.
Four Categories of Comparing
Obvious comparing is not a God thing.
Negative Results of Comparing
· Comparison Is the DEATH of Contentment
· II Corinthians 10:12
· Comparison Makes Us PRIDEFUL
· Luke 18:11-12
· Comparison Makes Us RESENTFUL
· I Samuel 18:6-9
How To Overcome Comparison
· KNOW What You Have
· Philippians 4:11-13
· II Corinthians 10:5
· Know WHO You Are
· Ephesians 2:10
LIVE IT OUT
· What areas of your life are you comparing with other people?
· What steps will you take to get out of the comparison game?
· How will these steps translate to your life today?