Sunday, June 21, 2015
Focal Passage: Proverbs 13:20 Walk with the wise and become wise,
for a companion of fools suffers harm.
Show me your FRIENDS and I will show you your FUTURE.
· Proverbs 12:26 The righteous choose their friends carefully, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.
· We’re going to meet people by CHANCE, but we deepen our friendships by CHOICE.
· Key thought for today: “It is impossible to live the RIGHT life when you have WRONG friends.”
· I Corinthians 15:33 “Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.”
Principal of Christ’s Right and Wrong FRIENDS
“Jesus LOVED everyone equally but He didn’t
TREAT everyone equally!”
Two Things I Won’t Allow My Friends To Do
I Will Never Allow My Friends To . . .
1. Distract Me From God’s PLAN
Matthew 16:23 Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”
2. Continually TEMPT Me To SIN
Genesis 39:12 She caught him by his cloak and said, “Come to bed with me!” But he left his cloak in her hand and ran out of the house.
One Thing I Won’t Stop Doing:
Loving People With The UNCONDITIONAL Love of CHRIST.
John 13:34-35 says, 34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
LIVE IT OUT
¨ What friendships do you need to redefine today?
¨ Who are your core friends? Do they provide the opportunity for depth of root in your life?
¨ How can we love the lost and not become like the lost?
¨ Do you need to start at the beginning? Do you need a life changing experience with Christ today?