Sunday, November 15, 2015
Mike Teel, Pastor
Focal Passage: I Timothy 6:17-19 17Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. 18Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. 19In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.
Why Has God Made Us RICH?
1. God wants us to enjoy His blessings.
2. God wants us to be generous with His blessings.
—I Timothy 6:18
—II Corinthians 9:11
Key Thought for This Week:
God has blessed me with more than I need. I’m Rich. I will not trust in Riches but in Him who richly provides. Because I have more, I will give more.
Truly RICH People Give
1. Give STRATEGICALLY
—II Corinthians 9:7
What do I learn from tithing?
Tithing teaches me to put God FIRST.
—Deuteronomy 14:23 (TLB)
Tithing increases my FAITH in God.
2. Give SACRIFICIALLY
LIVE IT OUT
1. Remember God was the one who initiated the act of giving.
2. What steps do you need to take today to become a strategic sacrificial giver?
3. Will you be obedient to the Lord today?