Sunday, November 22, 2015
“RICH IN GOOD DEEDS”
Mike Teel, Pastor
Focal Passage: I Timothy 6:17-19 17Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. 18Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. 19In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.
GOD HAS BLESSED ME WITH MORE THAN I NEED. I’M RICH.
I WILL NOT TRUST IN MY RICHES BUT IN HIM WHO RICHLY PROVIDES.
BECAUSE I HAVE MORE, I WILL GIVE MORE AND DO MORE.
FOUNDATIONAL PRINCIPLE OF GOOD DEEDS
1. We are not saved by good works but saved from good works.
THREE PRINCIPLES OF BEING RICH IN GOOD DEEDS
1. Should point to God, not me.
—Luke 1:47- 52
2. Must help others in the way they need it, not in the way I want to give it.
3. We glorify God through His church.
LIVE IT OUT
1. What good deeds is God calling you to do today?
2. Are you Holy Spirit filled this morning?