Sunday, November 1, 2015
“GOOD NEWS, BAD NEWS”
Mike Teel, Pastor
Focal Passage: I Timothy 6:17-19 17 Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. 18 Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. 19 In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.
“Every blessing we don’t turn back into praise has the potential to turn to pride!”
GOOD NEWS, BAD NEWS
The Good News Is: You Are RICH!
· Ecclesiastes 5:19
· Understand God has blessed me with more than I need.
The Bad News Is: You Are RICH!
· Luke 18:17-25
The Problems With Being Rich
1. It is harder for you to depend upon GOD.
2. It can distract you from true PRIORITIES.
3. You have a greater RESPONSIBILITY.
You are rich – this is both good news and bad news.
What will you make of it?
LIVE IT OUT
· What are the true priorities of your life?
· Would you be rich in a way that honors God . . . rich in good deeds?
· As others observe your life, what would they say matters most to you?
· Richness begins with Knowing Jesus as Lord and Savior!