Sunday, January 17, 2016
Benefits Of Effective Prayer
—Mike Teel, Pastor
James 5:16 (NKJV) 16 Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.
Luke 11:1 One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.”
Powerful Prayer Is for EVERY BELIEVER
Prayer is the heart and soul of every successful relationship with God.
God’s PERSPECTIVE Of Prayer
How powerful would we be if we prayed from God’s perspective?
Benefits of EFFECTIVE Prayer
1. Deeper Relationship – your relationship with Him will become much more real and personal
2. Transformed Life – you will experience ever-deepening holiness and life changing discipleship
Philippians 2:5 (NKJV)
3. Increased Discernment – your ability to clearly hear God’s voice will increase dramatically
4. Greater Power – the spiritual power of your life and ministry will increase greatly
5. Increased Answers – you will experience a dramatic increase in answered prayer
6. Victory Over Opposition – you will experience far greater power to withstand trials, temptations, and spiritual attacks
II Corinthians 10:3-5
7. Efficient Evangelism – as we learn to effectively pray for the lost, we will see many more people saved
LIVE IT OUT
1. How will today’s study help you love God more?
2. What step do you need to take to have an effective prayer life?
3. Salvation begins with a prayer. Have you prayed that prayer today?