Sunday, June 11, 2017 —Mike Teel, Pastor
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE: Preparing For The Promise Land
FOCAL PASSAGE: Joshua 1:1-9
KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING… Joshua 1:2b-3, 6
1. GOD’S PLAN FOR THE ISRAELITES
2. GOD’S PLAN FOR US -SALVATION & THE CHRISTIAN LIFE
The Promise Land is reflective of the Christian Life; it is not our final destination.
3. GOD’S PLAN FOR OUR CHURCH
I want everyone to understand our growth strategy is our Life Group Sunday School Ministry.
KNOW HOW YOU ARE GOING TO GET THERE… Joshua 1:1-3
1. BY GOD’S GRACE
Instead God chose Joshua —Jehovah’s Salvation. (the Old Testament equivalent of “Jesus.”)
2. GRACE LIVED OUT
Grace must be lived out. James 2:18... 18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds.
KNOW WHY WE ARE GOING... Joshua 1:7-9
1. God led the Israelites into the Promise Land to teach them how to be strong and courageous.
2. God leads us into the Christian Life to grow us -SANCTIFICATION
Paul reminds us that our lives should be different from what it was before.
Compared to last week, what changes has God initiated in your life this week?
LIVE IT OUT
> What kind of a difference would you like to make with your life?
> Why are you not serving and giving?
> How do you know you have crossed the river into the Promise Land?