Sunday, July 16, 2017 —Mike Teel, Pastor
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE: Reproached Rolled Away Cont’d
FOCAL PASSAGE: Joshua 4:19-24
GOD WANTS EVERYONE TO CROSS OVER… Joshua 3:1-4a
1. TIME OF CLEANSING
2. TIME OF EXPECTANCY
FAITH RELEASES GOD’S POWER… Joshua 3:9-17
1. WHAT IS YOUR JORDAN RIVER?
Anger, resentment, bitterness, hurt, guilt, shame, self-condemnation… this is what is filling your emotional cup.
2. FAITH ISDEMONSTRATED IN OUR WALK.
MONUMENTS OF REMEMBRANCE… Joshua 4:19-24
1. THE REPROACH IS GONE
2. A MONUMENT OF DEFEAT AND VICTORY
3. STEPS TO ROLLING AWAY THE REPROACH
So what are some stones you need to set up? Here are some suggestions to help you have victory:
1. Desire to be set free from Generational Strongholds…
2. Take personal responsibility for your sins…
3. Identify Generational Strongholds in your life that need to be broken… Psalm 139:23-24
4. Attempt to identify the source of the Generational Strongholds, the reason you willfully sin, and how Satan gained authority in this area of your life…
5. Ask God’s forgiveness and plead the blood of Jesus in each area…
Isaiah 53:5 (admit it / mourn over it / quit it)
6. As an act of your will, officially “break” any and all contracts, promises, or ground that the enemy has been given…
7. Give yourself completely to God...get serious with the Lord…
8. Understand your weapons in the warfare (Spirit filled)...
9. Constantly pray & be on guard in your areas of weakness…
10. Pursue Holiness… I Peter 1:15
11. Constantly be renewing the mind… Romans 12:2
12. Renew the emotions… I John 1:9
13. Remove all “connections” with sinful practices or temptations…
I Corinthians 6:18
14. Establish accountability with another Christian…
15. Pursue freedom based upon the fact that Christ has set you free…
With these tools, you can begin to build a memorial of remembrance of victory.
LIVE IT OUT
What destructive Generational Strong holds are you dealing with this morning?
What steps will you begin to roll away the reproach?
The initial step of FAITH is to TRUST Christ as Lord & Savior!